![]() |
| My teddy bear poem |
![]() |
| My Dinosaur Poem |
The last few Periods we have been working on these poems to send to another school in Birkenhead Auckland. We are apart of the trade along with 96,000 other people that will also be writing and sending poems. We started by writing a class poem then looking at sticky words (good words that stick in your head). Next we got given an object that we had to describe in 40 word which was our word bank i got the pink teddy bear. Then we had to pick our best 20 words and write them out on paper. We then spent some time moving around the words until we found a sequence that sounded good. Then we cut 2 more words so we were left with the best 18. We wrote our drafts. For our title we had to make an anagram out of the objects name. I made Bayer Tedd out of teddy bear so that was the name of my poem.
I think this exercise was very helpful and fun because I learned lots of new words during the researching of the words and I found out what an anagram was. It was fun to stretch my brain and think of all kinds of creative word to put in mu poems. I'll be exited to see what the other schools produced.


Great to read your reflection, Sienna. You can be proud of your efforts.
ReplyDelete